ABSENTEE BY MAIL
YOU MAY VOTE ABSENTEE BY MAIL IF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS
1. You will be outside the county during all the hours the polls
are open for early voting and on election day.
2. You are a full-time student or a spouse of such student
enrolled in an accredited college or university located in
Tennessee but outside Monroe County.
3. You are on the Permanent Absentee Voting Register because of
sickness, hospitalization or physical disability. You must have
filed a Physician's Statement with the Monroe County Election
Commission which was completed by your licensed physician
stating, under penalty of perjury, that in his/her professional
medical judgment you are medically unable to appear at the
polling place to vote and medically unable to go to the
commission office for early voting.
4. You are hospitalized, ill or physically disabled, and because
of such condition, unable to appear at polling place.
5. You are the caretaker of a hospitalized, ill or disabled
6. You are a full-time resident of a licensed nursing home or
similar licensed institution providing relatively permanent
domiciliary care, located outside your county of residence.
7. You are serving on a state or federal court jury and do not
expect to be able to appear during early voting or on election
8. You are sixty-five (65) years of age or older when you make
request to vote absentee.
9. You are observing a religious holiday and cannot appear
during the early voting period or at the polling place.
10. You are a candidate for office in this election.
11. You will be serving as an election official on election day.
PROCEDURES FOR VOTING BY MAIL:
If you meet one of the above conditions and wish to vote by
mail, you must make this request in writing
over your signature, by mail or facsimile, not later than seven
(7) days prior to the election. The request can
serve as the application for ballot if it contains the following
1. Voter's name
2. Voter's residence address (911 address) in the county and
mailing address, if different
3. Voter's Social Security Number
4. Voter's date of birth
5. The election in which you wish to vote (including any party
preference for Primary)
6. Voter's reason for voting by mail (see above reasons)
7. Address to mail the ballot outside the county if needed or
required by reason for voting by mail
8. Voter's Signature
NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION. Please use this
information to make your request in writing.
If the required information is not provided, you will be sent an
official application for ballot.